State of Nevada Statutes
For the purpose of this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, "local government" means:
1. Every political subdivision or other entity which has the right to levy or receive money from ad valorem taxes or other taxes or from any mandatory assessments, including counties, cities, towns, school districts and other districts organized pursuant to chapters 244, 309, 318, 379, 450, 473, 474, 539, 541, 543 and 555 of NRS.
2. The Las Vegas Valley Water District created pursuant to the provisions of chapter 167, Statutes of Nevada 1947, as amended.
3. County fair and recreation boards and convention authorities created pursuant to the provisions of NRS 244A.597 to 244A.655, inclusive.
4. District boards of health created pursuant to the provisions of NRS 439.370 to 439.410, inclusive.
5. The Nevada Rural Housing Authority.
1. A governing body or its authorized representative and the State of Nevada may join or use the contracts of other local governments located within or outside this state with the authorization of the contracting vendor. The originally contracting local government is not liable for the obligations of the local government which joins or uses the contract.
2. A governing body or its authorized representative may join or use the contracts of the State of Nevada or another state with the authorization of the contracting vendor. The State of Nevada or other state is not liable for the obligations of the local government which joins or uses the contract.
1. Contracts which by their nature are not adapted to award by competitive bidding, including contracts for:
(m) Supplies, materials or equipment that are available pursuant to an agreement with a vendor that has entered into an agreement with the General Services Administration or another governmental agency located within or outside this state;