State of Louisiana Statutes
State of Louisiana Statutes
Title 39 Public Finance
Subtitle III. General Laws on State Debt
Chapter 17. Louisiana Procurement Code
Part VII Intergovernmental Relations
As used in this Chapter, the words defined in this Section shall have the meanings set forth below, unless the context in which they are used clearly requires a different meaning or a different definition is prescribed for a particular Part or provision:
(14) "Cooperative purchasing" means procurement conducted by or on behalf of more than one public procurement unit or by a public procurement unit with an external procurement activity or by a private procurement unit.
(23) "External procurement activity" means any buying organization not located in this state which, if located in this state, would qualify as a public procurement unit. An agency of the United States government is an external procurement activity.
(31) "Local public procurement unit" means any parish, city, town, governmental body, and any other subdivision of the state or public agency thereof, public authority, public educational, health, or other institution, and to the extent provided by law, any other entity which expends public funds for the acquisition or leasing of supplies, services, major repairs, and construction, and any nonprofit corporation operating a charitable hospital.
(39) "Private procurement unit" means any regionally accredited independent college or university in the state that is a member of the Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges and Universities or any early childhood learning center as defined in R.S. 46:1403(A)(6).
(40) "Procurement" means the buying, purchasing, renting, leasing, or otherwise obtaining any supplies, services, or major repairs. It also includes all functions that pertain to the obtaining of any public procurement, including description of requirements, selection and solicitation of sources, preparation and award of contract, and all phases of contract administration.
(43) "Public procurement unit" means either a local public procurement unit or a state public procurement unit.
(57) "State public procurement unit" means the central purchasing agency and any other purchasing agency of this state.
A. (1) Any public procurement unit may either participate in, sponsor, conduct, or administer a cooperative purchasing agreement for the acquisition of any supplies, services, major repairs, or construction with one or more public procurement units or external procurement activities or one or more private procurement units in accordance with an agreement entered into between the participants. Such cooperative purchasing may include but is not limited to joint or multi-party contracts between public procurement units and open-minded state public procurement unit contracts which are made available to local public procurement units.
Any public procurement unit may enter into an agreement, independent of the requirements of Part III of this Chapter or Title 38, with any other public procurement unit or external procurement activity for the cooperative use of supplies or services, under the terms agreed upon between the parties.